There have been several Honeywell products in the market, from 1000 series for beginners to the new and advanced Wi-Fi enabled thermostat for the experienced.
However, the more recent version can be a bit complex to work with and understand instructions on how to change the Honeywell thermostat battery.
In addition, the steps on how to change the batteries in a Honeywell thermostat can be different for different models of thermostats.
Many smart Honeywell thermostats come with a base plate and a cover plate. The base plate can be seen fixed firmly on the wall, and the cover plate is located on the top.
In general, to change the battery on the Honeywell thermostat, you will have to turn the thermostat off. In addition, you will have to pull the cover plate off or slide the battery compartment off.
Moreover, replacing the batteries would help by taking out the old ones and installing new ones.
Honeywell Thermostats- How to Change/Replace Battery/Batteries?
Find the Model Number of your Honeywell Thermostat:
To find out how to change batteries on your Honeywell thermostat, you should know what model you are using. Usually, there is a model number unique for every model given on the front of your device.
You can easily access it through the digital interface. It is also printed at the back of the thermostat.
In case your model requires removing the thermostat from the base plate for accessing the model number of your Honeywell thermostat, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Firstly, you need to isolate the circuit to prevent the exposure of the live wires if your Honeywell thermostat is mainly powered. Your thermostat might be on even after the power off as some of the models come with battery backup.
- Slowly slide or pull off your thermostat of the base plate without damaging the clips or the pins on it. For other models, you need to pull it from the bottom of the thermostat.
- Take note of the model number at the back and find the corresponding instructions below.
- Once you locate the model number on your thermostat and note it down, you will also find the instructions below the model number.
- Once you have the model number, you can put back the base plate.
How to change/replace Honeywell thermostat battery/batteries?
Following are the steps on how to change/replace batteries in Honeywell Thermostat. You must follow them in the same order as they listed.
- The first thing you need to do is remove the battery compartment on the Honeywell thermostat, which is located on the side of the model. To remove the battery, you need to push the tab located on the top and then pull it out.
- Once you remove the compartment, you will have two AAA batteries in there. If the actual problem is the batteries, you can remove the old ones and put in new ones.
- Install fresh batteries and put the cover back in its place, carefully noting both positive and negative sides.
- Once you have inserted the fresh batteries inside the thermostat, you can slide back the compartment. Only this time, place the bottom first. Now push it back into the place.
How to change the battery in a Honeywell programmable/ non-programmable/ digital / touchscreen thermostat?
How to change the battery on Honeywell pro series thermostats?
If you don’t wish to change or replace batteries of your Honeywell thermostat 8000 series, then follow the steps mentioned below in their exact order:
- The very first thing you need to do while replacing the batteries on your Honeywell Thermostat is turned it off in case it’s not already.
- Once the thermostat is off, you need to remove the front cover. To do this, you need to hold the base plate and then pull out the front cover carefully.
- After opening the front cover, remove the three old AAA batteries. You must ensure the positive and negative polarity of the batteries.
- Now, put the cover back and place it attached to the base plate. Once you are done replacing the batteries, you can put back the cover to its original place, i.e., attached to the base plate.
- Your battery has been successfully removed, and you can now turn the thermostat back on.
The 6000 Honeywell Thermostat series has a battery sliding compartment, which makes the replacement process pretty simple.
- Firstly, turn the thermostat off, disconnecting it from the circuit breaker.
- Slightly press and slide the cover out from the bottom of the Honeywell thermostat and carefully remove the battery holder.
- Pull the battery compartment out and then change it with fresh AA batteries.
- Once you have replaced the batteries, you can place the cover on the base plate like before.
- It will help if you keep the polarity of the battery, positive and negative, in check before placing back the battery compartment.
- The batteries have been successfully replaced, and now you can turn the thermostat back on.
The 5000 Honeywell Thermostat series also has a sliding battery compartment. Therefore, you will not need to open the cover from the base plate to replace the batteries.
- Make sure that your thermostat is turned off.
- After this, please press on the cover and pull it out to take the battery compartment out on the top right corner.
- Once you have taken the battery compartment out and then replace it with fresh AA batteries.
- After changing the batteries, you can place the top cover back to its original place.
- You have now successfully replaced the batteries on your Honeywell thermostat. You can turn it on.
If you wish to change or replace batteries on your Honeywell Thermostat 4000 series, then follow the steps mentioned below in the order they are listed:
- Turn the thermostat off from the main circuit line to not expose it to any live wiring.
- Now slowly remove the cover plate by pushing it from the bottom.
- You can now change old AA batteries with new ones.
- Once you have inserted the fresh batteries, put back the cover plate to its original base plate.
- Make sure it is firmly placed and is not flimsy.
- The replacement process is complete, and you can now turn your thermostat back on.
How to change the battery in Honeywell pro 3000 thermostat – TH3110D1008/TH3210D1004?
Thermostats in these series usually require a change of battery once a year. You will get an alert for battery exhaustion two months in advance.
If you wish to change or replace batteries on either of these Honeywell Thermostat models, consider the following steps listed in the same order:
- Turn the thermostat off to isolate the main circuit breaker as a safety measure.
- Slightly slide the bottom of the Honeywell thermostat and remove the cover plate.
- Replace the old AA batteries with fresh ones.
- You must ensure that the battery polarity is similar to the markings on the compartment.
- After replacing the batteries, put back the cover plate on the base plate at the top.
- The batteries have now been successfully replaced.
- You can now successfully turn on the thermostat.
How to change Honeywell Lyric round thermostat battery Honeywell – RCH9310WF?
If you wish to change or replace batteries on Lyric Round Honeywell Thermostat, consider the following steps listed in the same order:
- Turn your thermostat off before getting into it.
- Remove the thermostat from the sub-base.
- You can remove the old AAA lithium battery with fresh ones.
- You must ensure that the battery polarity is similar to the markings on the compartment.
- After that, put the cover plate back on the sub-base at the top.
- The replacement process has now been completed.
- Turn the thermostat back on.
How to change the battery in Honeywell thermostat RTH230B/RTH2308?
- You will need to replace the batteries if the thermostat isn’t functioning correctly or the “Battery Low” sign is flashing. You need to pull the cover from the front of the unit. After this, replace the older batteries with new ones, then push the cover to close.
- Make sure to check the house for any fuse or short circuit hindering the power supply. You can replace the batteries and reset the thermostat as required.
- If your thermostat isn’t heating correctly, you can place the “Selector Switch” to “Heat.” With the help of arrow keys, try adjusting your thermostat to the required temperature and then set the fan to “Auto” mode.
- Similarly, if your thermostat isn’t cooling correctly, you should set the “Selector Switch” to “Cool” mode. With the help of arrow keys, try adjusting your thermostat to the required temperature and then set the fan to “Auto” mode.
How to open the Honeywell thermostat to change the battery?
It is simple to open a Honeywell Thermostat if you wish to change/replace the battery. The battery compartment of a Honeywell thermostat can be seen on the side.
To remove the cover, you need to push the tab on the top of your thermostat. Then, simultaneously pull the cover to remove the compartment. Your thermostat is now open to change the batteries accordingly.
How to turn on the Honeywell thermostat after a battery change?
Here is how you turn your Honeywell Thermostat back on after changing the batteries:
- Make sure that you have turned your thermostat off.
- Next thing you should open the cover of the battery compartment. To do this, you can insert a coin or something with a similar shape in the slot or push it in to slide out the compartment.
- Now you can remove the old batteries.
- Insert fresh batteries keeping in view the polarity marked in the battery compartment.
- Let the fresh batteries sit for at least 5 seconds.
- Now remove the batteries one more time and insert them again in the proper alignment.
- Once you insert the battery back in, the display will light up, which indicates that it is working again.
What kind of batteries does a Honeywell thermostat take?
Usually, the models of Honeywell Thermostats use 1.5V AA batteries to function.
How to get rid of a temporary hold on a Honeywell battery thermostat?
To cancel the temporary hold on the Honeywell thermostat battery according to your convenience, you can press on “CANCEL.” After that, press on “HOLD,” which will let you adjust the temperature permanently.
The “HOLD” feature will disable the program, which will allow you to adjust your Honeywell thermostat manually if required.
Why does my Honeywell thermostat say low battery?
Some thermostats flash a “low battery” icon until the batteries are replaced. If your thermostat batteries run out entirely, you may notice your HVAC system running for longer or less time than you expect.
This might occur because of a power outage that turned off the thermostat and erased the old programming.
This is how your Honeywell thermostat notifies you about its low battery life. The “Battery Low” message is displayed on the LED screen 60 days before complete depletion.
How to change the battery in the round Honeywell model ct87k thermostat?
How to get the cover off a Honeywell thermostat to change the battery?
If your thermostat has a sliding compartment, it is pretty easy to remove the cover. Refer to the steps mentioned above. You don’t need to stress if you have a thermostat with a non-sliding battery compartment.
To remove the cover, you need to carefully pull the cover plate forward from the bottom. Slightly wiggle it, if required, and it will quickly come off the base plate.
How to determine if my Honeywell thermostat doesn’t have batteries?
If you have a thermostat with a non-sliding battery compartment, you don’t need to stress. To remove the cover, you need to pull the cover plate forward from the bottom carefully.
Slightly wiggle it, if required, and it will quickly come off the base plate.
What batteries do you use for the Honeywell thermostat?
Usually, several Honeywell thermostat models use a AAA battery, but some models use AA batteries. Hence, you will have to ensure what type of batteries you need to replace the old ones.
Why is the Honeywell thermostat running through batteries?
If a Honeywell thermostat is connected to 24-VAC power, it can be used as a great battery backup source. Unfortunately, these batteries require replacement once a year.